A Cargo Tracking Note (CTN) / Bordereau de Suiv de Cargaison (BSC) must be obtained for all shipments to Central African Republic (CAR) at the port of departure (POL). This is mandated by the Ministère des Finances et du Budget. List of documents needed to apply for the Central African Republic ECTN
Responsibilities and Cost:
- Responsibility relating to the issuance of the Cargo Tracking Note (CTN) / Bordereau de Suiv de Cargaison (BSC) and all costs is with the shipper.
- All information required on the CTN/BSC is compulsory.
- Local representatives at the discharging ports will inspect each and every shipment on the presence of a corresponding CTN. Shipments without the Cargo Tracking Note / BSC will result in delays and fines/ seizures.
- The CTN/BSC number must be included on the manifest.
Goods Exempted from Pre-Shipment Inspection:
- Objects of art
- Precious metals
- Live animals
- Precious stones
- Ammunitions and arms other than for hunting and/or sport, similar materials and equipment imported by the Army itself
- Cinematographic films, exposed and developed
- Parcel post
- Current newspapers and periodicals
- Goods imported for which the FOB value is below XAF 500,000
- Imports for United Nations Organisations, for their own use
- Sugar: any request for a DIC is subject to the submission by the importer of the original of the interdepartmental authorisation granted for importing sugar in to the Central African Republic
- Zestril online in india