A Cargo Tracking Note (CTN) / Bordereau de Suiv de Cargaison (BSC) must be obtained at the port of departure/load (POL). This is mandated by the Conseil Burkinabé des Chargeurs / Burkina Shippers Council (CBC) as outlined by ministerial order No.000056/MTT/MEF dated: 17/04/2001 and updated under instruction No.2009/0012/MT/MEF dated: 15/09/2009 in order to monitor maritime cargo.
A Cargo Tracking Note is required for all transit cargo with ports of discharge (POD) in Burkina Faso, this includes: Abidjan, Lome, Cotonou and Tema and must be produced for cargo to clear customs.
The CTN/BSC replaces the ARC (Attestation de Reservation de Cale) which is no longer applicable.
CTN/BSC is managed by Conseil Burkinab é des Chargeurs (CBC).
Minimum Value for Pre-shipment Inspection:
The official Burkina Faso ECTN source indicate that minimum value for the certification is FCFA 3,000,000 FOB
Subject to Pre-shipment Inspection if the total order value is above minimum order value.
Responsibilities and Cost:
The shipper is responsible for issuance of the CTN/BSC and all costs, these are fixed by the Conseil Burkinab é des Chargeurs (CBC) as follows:
€25 per RO-RO (regardless of type/size)
€40 per TEU
€25 per 300mt for conventional cargo
Goods Exempted from Pre-Shipment Inspection:
- Plants and flowers
- Live Animals
- Objects of art, precious stones, gold and other precious metals
- Crude oil
- Exposed and developed cinematographic film
- Imports with a FOB value below 3,000,000 XOF
- Scrap metal
- Medicine without tariff code: 3002, 3005 & 3006
- Medical equipment (HSC 9022)
- Condoms imported by PROMACO
- Explosives and pyrotechnic products
- Personal gifts
- Perishable goods for human consumption neither frozen or deep-frozen (e.g. fish, meat, fruit, and vegetables)
- Used vehicles
- Bona fide gifts to the Government and imports for diplomatic entities and for United Nations organizations for their own use in Burkina Faso
- Weapons and related ammunition other than for hunting and sport purposes
- Current newspapers and periodicals, postal or fiscal stamps, stamped papers, banknotes, and checkbooks
- Used personal and household effects
- Non-commercial parcel post and commercial samples
- Wheaten flour (Wheat)
- Iron intended for industrial purposes
- Hydraulic cement and Clinker
- Books (HSC 4901)
- Construction machinery, drilling and mining (HSC 8429 & 8430) imported by mining companies for their own activities
- The products subject to minimum values which list will be communicated by ministerial decision
- The Cargo Tacking Note (CTN) / Bordereau de Suiv de Cargaison (BSC) reference number must be indicated clearly on the bill of lading and on the cargo manifest.
- If this reference number is missing cargo will be liable to a penalty fine at its destination.
- Failing to input correct details may lead to the decline of the application e.g. type of cargo/cargo value.
- Documents must be supplied by the shipping prior to the vessel’s arrival at the port of discharge (POD).
- Documents must be sent to Burkina Shippers Council / agent at latest, 5 working days after the departure of the vessel.
Goods Prohibited from Import:
- Beef and veal meats and its derivatives, coming from Belgium, France, Ireland, Portugal, Holland, the United Kingdom and Switzerland
- Bones, bone meal, meat meal and any other substance dervived from an animal carcass for purposes of feeding or manufacturing any animal foodstuffs and any animal foodstuffs or mineral supplements for feeding ruminant derived there from
- Any foodstuffs containing a product derived from these prohibited species (ox, porcine, fish)
- Poultry, porcine, breeding fish or Belgian origin
- Semen, embryos and reproducer coming from Belgium, France, Ireland, Portugal, the United Kingdom and Switzerland
- Salt for human consumption must be iodised
- Sugar, subject to special authorisation
- Medicines, subject to visa on final invoice by Ministry of Health before clearance of goods
- Tobacco, limited list of authorised importers valid for one year
- Explosives, arms, ammunition and military effects, subject to special authorisation
- Product requiring minimum of 1000 tons to be imported: sugar, rice, wheat flour. This rule only applies when the concerned goods are imported along (e.g. only one type of good is declared on the Inspection Order)
- Electrical batteries are subject to quality specifications
- Rice is subject to quality specifications
- Zestril online in india